Embers of Caerus thread

General public clan discussion

Re: Embers of Caerus thread

Postby Seraph » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 am

Mordhaus wrote:
Seraph wrote:Yep, it's dead.

Damn shame if you ask me. I was even more excited about EoC than I was about Star Citizen.

BLASPHEME

EoC's concept was far more hardcore.
Seraph
SC Officer

Steam: Beliathon
Origin: Halfhand84

Postby COMI » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:14 am

Seraph wrote:
Mordhaus wrote:
Seraph wrote:Yep, it's dead.

Damn shame if you ask me. I was even more excited about EoC than I was about Star Citizen.

BLASPHEME

EoC's concept was far more hardcore.

now I'm curious, what was the concept?
COMI
SC Pilot

Steam: ComisRevenge
Origin: ComisRevenge

Postby Seraph » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 am

COMI wrote:now I'm curious, what was the concept?

Watch the video

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... -prototype
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Glabro » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:11 am

Seraph wrote:

Watch the video

Now that we know it was just a cloud-castle I could come up with a concept 1000x more hardcore than that... and then not deliver it. :roll:

I mean when I heard them talking about the game concept (there were several videos created during their KS campaign) I said to myself that if they pull it out they are like gamedev gods! Since I doubt (and have always doubted) that they are gamedev gods I was expecting, let's say, from half of promised features with 50% probability to 1/4 of promised features with 99% probability on launch.

Now I see that even my most skeptical prediction was too optimistic lol
Glabro
SC Officer

Steam: glabro_bcp

Postby COMI » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Glabro wrote:
Seraph wrote:

Watch the video

Now that we know it was just a cloud-castle I could come up with a concept 1000x more hardcore than that... and then not deliver it. :roll:

I mean when I heard them talking about the game concept (there were several videos created during their KS campaign) I said to myself that if they pull it out they are like gamedev gods! Since I doubt (and have always doubted) that they are gamedev gods I was expecting, let's say, from half of promised features with 50% probability to 1/4 of promised features with 99% probability on launch.

Now I see that even my most skeptical prediction was too optimistic lol

Personally I don't know what they were trying to accomplish with a 25k budget anyway, even with the ~45 they got the best you can pull off is an addictive indie type game, nothing revolutionary or unique IMO. Star citizen will be the decider of the viability of crowd funded games. With a 38 MILLION dollar budget that is constantly going higher and higher, actual veteran developers, and of course cryengine this game has the best possible chances of demonstrating what a great crowd funded project can do. If they fail I fear it will doom the crowd funded games for some time to come. I'm very optimistic but at the same time somewhat skeptical because Ive pledged thousands and thousands of dollars for games that I was excited about but turned out to be mediocre at best. Let's all wish the best to the SC team :P
COMI
SC Pilot

Postby Seraph » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Well, keep in mind they didn't know their kickstarter would only raise 50k, I bet they were hoping for MUCH more money than that.
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby COMI » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm

That seems fairly unproffesional to me. Setting a goal of 25k and then expecting to get more to accomplish what they promised for the 25k. I'm not ragging on em or anything I just find it poor business practice. Contrary to sc were they had a realistic budget for a decent game. Then when money rolled in the expanded their goals. To me the 25k budget is akin to me opening a new branch office with a fraction of the required funds expecting to pay for the rest of the investment with money I will make from the new branch that I'm trying to open in the first place. Seems rather silly, that's just me though.
COMI
SC Pilot

Postby Thinkharder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Not a game I was really that interested in. To hardcore, it just wouldn't be fun. Plus I'm totally sick of fantasy games. Feel the urge for a decent Sci-Fi game...
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
Thinkharder
Pack Leader

Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Previous

Return to Public Pack Discussion