Music

General public clan discussion

Re: Music

Postby Thinkharder » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Deltus wrote:Music isn't about how hard it is to make or how talented the players are, its about what actually sounds good


None of that shit you listen to sounds good though unless you are incredibly high or drunk. And the people who make it have 0 tallent. So you lose on all fronts.

If you like the sound of Metallica or not you cannot deny that they are all extremely talented and gifted individuals. As people have different tastes this stands taller than simply "it sounds good to me" as you can respect or acknowledge talent and skill even if you don't like what it produces. In the same way that you can say someone is talented at a sport even if you don't like the sport or team in question, or you can say a member of the same sex is good looking even though you are not gay, or you can say a certain political party or individual has a good idea even if you don't support that particular party or person as a whole.
Image
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
User avatar
Thinkharder
Pack Leader
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Gender: Male
Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Re: Music

Postby Starko » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Thinkharder wrote:If you like the sound of Metallica or not you cannot deny that they are all extremely talented and gifted individuals. As people have different tastes this stands taller than simply "it sounds good to me" as you can respect or acknowledge talent and skill even if you don't like what it produces. In the same way that you can say someone is talented at a sport even if you don't like the sport or team in question, or you can say a member of the same sex is good looking even though you are not gay, or you can say a certain political party or individual has a good idea even if you don't support that particular party or person as a whole.


this.
User avatar
Starko
Pack Veteran
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Basingrad!!
Gender: Male
Steam: Scuzzmonkey

Re: Music

Postby Deltus » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Thinkharder wrote:
Deltus wrote:Music isn't about how hard it is to make or how talented the players are, its about what actually sounds good


None of that shit you listen to sounds good though unless you are incredibly high or drunk. And the people who make it have 0 tallent. So you lose on all fronts


Yeah its great then!
Image
Sometimes the truth just needs to come out
Thinkharder wrote:Gay then, gay now, always gay.
User avatar
Deltus
Pack Leader
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Bournemouth, England
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby shadeslayer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:28 pm

I dont listen to Metallica, so i dont know if they are talented, nor do i care if they are.

Of course if you do what Think is talking about, saying you like one aspect about something (being it talent, idea, or appearance) you tend to run into a problem...

(for example) "If you think Metallica is so talented, then why dont you listen to them?"

Even though you dont like someone's sound, you CAN respect and acknowledge there talent, but the logic behind your two-fold view will almost always be called into question.

Talent, does not a good band/singer make. To that end i pose to you, why are so many untalented pretty faces getting record deals? This applies mostly to rap, yea you all ghetto now G, but no one gives a fuck what you rap about. If you can grind to it in a club, i guess its "good" music...

Deltus obviously likes whatever nonsense he listens to, so for Think to say it doesnt sound good is just biased on his part.
Image

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Thinkharder » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:55 pm

shadeslayer wrote:I dont listen to Metallica, so i dont know if they are talented, nor do i care if they are.

Of course if you do what Think is talking about, saying you like one aspect about something (being it talent, idea, or appearance) you tend to run into a problem...

(for example) "If you think Metallica is so talented, then why dont you listen to them?"

Even though you dont like someone's sound, you CAN respect and acknowledge there talent, but the logic behind your two-fold view will almost always be called into question.

Talent, does not a good band/singer make. To that end i pose to you, why are so many untalented pretty faces getting record deals? This applies mostly to rap, yea you all ghetto now G, but no one gives a fuck what you rap about. If you can grind to it in a club, i guess its "good" music...

Deltus obviously likes whatever nonsense he listens to, so for Think to say it doesnt sound good is just biased on his part.


Of course talent makes a good singer or band. If someone is good at something then they are good at it regardless if you actually like what they do or not. Just because you don't like rap, for example, doesn't mean these people are not good at it, it just means you don't like rap music. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You clearly missed the irony in my post when I was referring to Deltus' musical tastes... not that you can call it music! :P
Image
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
User avatar
Thinkharder
Pack Leader
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Gender: Male
Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Re: Music

Postby shadeslayer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Thinkharder wrote:Of course talent makes a good singer or band. If someone is good at something then they are good at it regardless if you actually like what they do or not. Just because you don't like rap, for example, doesn't mean these people are not good at it, it just means you don't like rap music. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You clearly missed the irony in my post when I was referring to Deltus' musical tastes... not that you can call it music! :P


Think, havent you realized that i like arguing with you, no matter how wrong i am? Honestly, if you look at rap music and what its done to America, creating double standards and what not, you'd feel the way i do about it. If you like putting dirty, erotic, poetry to a heavy bass beat, then rap is your kinda of bullshit.
Image

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Thinkharder » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 pm

shadeslayer wrote:
Thinkharder wrote:Of course talent makes a good singer or band. If someone is good at something then they are good at it regardless if you actually like what they do or not. Just because you don't like rap, for example, doesn't mean these people are not good at it, it just means you don't like rap music. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You clearly missed the irony in my post when I was referring to Deltus' musical tastes... not that you can call it music! :P


Think, havent you realized that i like arguing with you, no matter how wrong i am? Honestly, if you look at rap music and what its done to America, creating double standards and what not, you'd feel the way i do about it. If you like putting dirty, erotic, poetry to a heavy bass beat, then rap is your kinda of bullshit.


Yea I know. I'd agree about rap, they should all be shot tbh. Same goes for all that Deltus crap! :P

I love you really :D
Image
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
User avatar
Thinkharder
Pack Leader
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Gender: Male
Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Re: Music

Postby shadeslayer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Thinkharder wrote:Yea I know. I'd agree about rap, they should all be shot tbh. Same goes for all that Deltus crap! :P

I love you really :D


Love who... ( >.> )

What does Deltus even listen to, this debate has gotten me interested in hearing it lol
Image

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Deltus » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Image
Sometimes the truth just needs to come out
Thinkharder wrote:Gay then, gay now, always gay.
User avatar
Deltus
Pack Leader
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Bournemouth, England
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Starko » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:57 am

Case in point, Girls Aloud can sing, and are all very talented singers....however I hate the music that they make - because it's all middle of the road pop crap.

However, the Pussycat Dolls, are just glorified strippers (not that that's a bad thing ;)) and the only talented one - musically - is the lead, Nicole whats-her-face.

Same goes for the old masters, I don't like Beethoven, but fuck me - he was one talented fucker.
User avatar
Starko
Pack Veteran
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Basingrad!!
Gender: Male
Steam: Scuzzmonkey

Re: Music

Postby shadeslayer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:43 am

Deltus, do you do ecstasy?

Cause honestly, thats all the music reminds me of. A bunch of teenage girls and guys grinding each other in a sweety techno club.
Image

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Renvex » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:04 am

shadeslayer wrote:
Think, havent you realized that i like arguing with you, no matter how wrong i am? Honestly, if you look at rap music and what its done to America, creating double standards and what not, you'd feel the way i do about it. If you like putting dirty, erotic, poetry to a heavy bass beat, then rap is your kinda of bullshit.



I'd just like to point out the A in "kinda" is short for "of"

Also, 95% of all the rap music i've ever heard sucked total ass, was uninspired and all the same. It was just people demoralizing women, talking about aquiring or possessing vast sums of money or otherwise trying to show off and/or insult others. Most of the tracks i've heard were just same shit different smell, or in this case same smell...bad.
Image
User avatar
Renvex
Distinguished Guest
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby shadeslayer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:14 am

Renvex wrote:I'd just like to point out the A in "kinda" is short for "of"


Im not THAT dumb :P

I just make mistakes like that alot....
Image

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Renvex » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:48 am

shadeslayer wrote:
Renvex wrote:I'd just like to point out the A in "kinda" is short for "of"


Im not THAT dumb :P

I just make mistakes like that alot....



I was just pointing it out for anyone who didn't know. Wasnt naming any names. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Renvex
Distinguished Guest
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Glabro » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 am

shadeslayer wrote:Deltus, do you do ecstasy?


Deltus' body produces ecstasy in its adrenal glands naturally.
Image
User avatar
Glabro
SC Officer
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Czech Republic
Gender: Male
Steam: glabro_bcp

Re: Music

Postby Starko » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:56 pm

proper hip-hop, like Jurassic 5, DJ Shadow, Dan le sac vs Scroobious Pip, DJ Format, Public Enemy, and so on, are actually amazing.

beyond that, the entire genre is fucked.






etc etc etc.
User avatar
Starko
Pack Veteran
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Basingrad!!
Gender: Male
Steam: Scuzzmonkey

Re: Music

Postby psych » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:10 am

I listen to the batman theme tune looped :twisted:
Image
psych
Registered Guest
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: Music

Postby Odie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:27 pm

psych wrote:I listen to the batman theme tune looped :twisted:

That's badass!
Image
User avatar
Odie
Pack Veteran
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:49 pm
Location: Denmark
Gender: Male

Re: Music

Postby Penathan » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:10 am

I dont listen music if i play mmos cause im mostly in ventrilo or TS.
If i play single player game then ill listen AC/DC and Iron Maiden mostly but lots of other music too.
I usually make list of 100 song from many different bands and play it random ;)
Image
Penathan
Registered Guest
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Music

Postby Bane The Un-Tame » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 am

I'm sure Thinkharder and Seraph and I are well acquainted with each others taste in music lol.. maybe we should start some frequent 'Kareoke Night' on vent.. i know Seraph and his fap singing voice would be lots of fun lmao~!
Image
User avatar
Bane The Un-Tame
Pack Cub
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:57 am
Gender: Male
Steam: xeurox

PreviousNext

Return to Public Pack Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron