BCP to be featured in Pulse [Full interview up!]

Major clan news. Posts also appear on the main website. Anyone can reply but only leaders may create a thread here.

BCP to be featured in Pulse [Full interview up!]

Postby Seraph » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:55 am

Look for BCP in the next episode (issue #2!) of Pulse: The SC community web Mag!

Here it is! Issue two.

http://www.joomag.com/magazine/pulse-2- ... 1391321431
Last edited by Seraph on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seraph
SC Officer

Steam: Beliathon
Origin: Halfhand84

Re: BCP to be featured in Pulse: Star Citizen's fan-run maga

Postby Demonstargazer » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:04 am

Sweet, Look forward to reading it.

And good job on the Badass Pirate Clan thing :)
Demonstargazer
SC Rookie

Postby QuiteDense » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 am

I wonder how that will turn out, bets? Any takers? Haha. <3
QuiteDense
SC Pilot

Steam: QuiteDense

Postby Seraph » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 am

Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Mordhaus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:08 pm

One of the more political voices in the back of my head is concerned that having that say "Recruitment Temporarily Frozen" for us may make us seem unavailable to potential recruits; causing them to seek another organization as their primary organization.
Point is, is the exclusivity worth the risk of loosing potential highly compatible or highly skilled recruits?

This message has been brought to you by: BEER! (And schizophrenia.)

Also, GfuckinG on getting us in there man. 8-)
Mordhaus
SC Pilot

Steam: Mordhaus
Origin: Mordhau5

Postby Glabro » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 pm

I must admit that you do the best PR job I've ever seen one person doing for a clan. The Momma thread (our unofficial recruitment thread) and now this. Great work, keep it up!
Last edited by Glabro on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glabro
SC Officer

Steam: glabro_bcp

Postby COMI » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Edited for public section.
Last edited by COMI on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COMI
SC Pilot

Steam: ComisRevenge
Origin: ComisRevenge

Postby Seraph » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Mordhaus wrote:...is the exclusivity worth the risk of loosing potential highly compatible or highly skilled recruits?

Yes, it is, and I'll tell you why. That is a valid concern, except for one thing. BCP's end-goal is to only be about 40-60 players... this is something BCP could easily accomplish in a week or two, if we were some mindless zerg guild that values quantity over quality.. but we're not!

We froze recruitment not to sound "hard to get", but so that we could focus on getting to know you new folks, rather than being constantly inundated with new recruits every day...

Consider this: Even if BCP accepted only one new member each month from now through release, we'd about around 40 people come release. Just wait until we're kicking ass in the DFM...

I can't stress the importance of the fact that we are building a family here.. yes it sounds cheesy but in 3 or 4 years from now you will know full well what I meant, and your heart will swell with pride when you think of the letters BCP. 8-)
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Mordhaus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:19 am

The tight knit family quality of this clan is one of the things I have bragged about irl. I see where my mistake in thinking was though. Previously I had thought of the spirit of BCP as 60% ass kickers, 40% family. Now I see I got that backwards, it is more like 60% family, 40% ass kickers. Having such strength in bonds within the clan is something that I cannot express my respect for enough (I said respect, not appreciation, so no funny ideas Seraph).

Somehow, I feel that for the first time in history (lol), posting this video isn't a troll, but that the song is actually suitable. :o :D

Yes, all 100 hours of it. Love you guys :oops:
Mordhaus
SC Pilot

Steam: Mordhaus
Origin: Mordhau5

Postby Thinkharder » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Good stuff.

Moved to public news :)
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
Thinkharder
Pack Leader

Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Postby COMI » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Seraph wrote:
Mordhaus wrote:...is the exclusivity worth the risk of loosing potential highly compatible or highly skilled recruits?

Yes, it is, and I'll tell you why. That is a valid concern, except for one thing. BCP's end-goal is to only be about 40-60 players... this is something BCP could easily accomplish in a week or two, if we were some mindless zerg guild that values quantity over quality.. but we're not!

We froze recruitment not to sound "hard to get", but so that we could focus on getting to know you new folks, rather than being constantly inundated with new recruits every day...

Consider this: Even if BCP accepted only one new member each month from now through release, we'd about around 40 people come release. Just wait until we're kicking ass in the DFM...

I can't stress the importance of the fact that we are building a family here.. yes it sounds cheesy but in 3 or 4 years from now you will know full well what I meant, and your heart will swell with pride when you think of the letters BCP. 8-)

I have another organ that swells with "pride" when I think of BCP, care to guess what it is?
COMI
SC Pilot

Postby Seraph » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:30 pm

COMI wrote:I have another organ that swells with "pride" when I think of BCP, care to guess what it is?

Oooh!! Oooh!

Is it your anus?!
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby COMI » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Seraph wrote:
COMI wrote:I have another organ that swells with "pride" when I think of BCP, care to guess what it is?

Oooh!! Oooh!

Is it your anus?!

HA! You're a retard. Youranus is a planet not an organ.
COMI
SC Pilot

Postby ProjectZen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:39 am

This is some epic stuff!
It's well deserved though, you came up with the second player driven event for sc and the coolest one at that.

btw comi is it your manG-spot? you know the one you can reach with a finger when bended over.
ProjectZen
SC Pilot

Steam: Zentologic
Origin: Zentologic

Postby shadeslayer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:32 am

Why do i feel like Nadroj is the only other person who will appreciate how horribly the internet is being deceived by Seraph...
Last edited by shadeslayer on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader

Postby Seraph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:34 am

shadeslayer wrote:Why do i feel like Nadroj is the only other person who will appreciate how horribly the internet is being deceived by Seraph...

Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Nadroj » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 am

THEY HAVE NO IDEA THE HORRORS HE WILL UNLEASH UPON THE UNIVERSE!

Devean wrote:Believe it or not, but some people consider a game, where someone can just kill you or steal your things to be a broken game :).
Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Steam: Flonzo

Postby Seraph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Nadroj wrote:THEY HAVE NO IDEA THE HORRORS HE WILL UNLEASH UPON THE UNIVERSE!

It's too late for Star Citizen now, they already love me.

Anyway, something tells me they'll figure it out.
Seraph
SC Officer

Full Interview!

Postby Seraph » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:59 am

>> Feylan: "How did you hear about it, and what interested you in it?"
I saw the thread on the forums, and this was in the earliest days of my RSI forum addiction. I thought to myself, whoa, this is huge. Here is a PvE idea that every fan can get behind, an idea that transcends bitter in-group/out-group rivalries and brings a community together for fun. Operation Pitchfork is exactly what multiplayer gaming should be about - a fun, social, 100% inclusive grand adventure.

I'm interested in it for two reasons:
1. It sounds fun & profitable.
2. How could I miss an event that nearly all my friends and enemies from the forums will be participating in? Never!

>> Feylan:"What would you like to achieve with the operation, beyond taking the fight to the Vanduul?"
If it's possible, I'll be trying to bring home a Vanduul capital ship trophy from the war. A carrier - that is my main objective.

>> Feylan: "On that note, any plans for what you'll do after it's finished?"
I'll be drowning the UEE in their own blood, and bathing the Advocacy in fire and screams.

>> Feylan: "Can you talk a little about what you'll be doing for Pitchfork?"
The plan was to kick ass and chew bubblegum... but I'm all outa gum.

>> Feylan: "I know you have your own organisation outside of the operation, are they all joining the fight too?"
Yes. BCP is a team, and we'll be slaughtering Vanduul as a team. I'm hoping that by the end of beta, our little dozen-member clan will have enough players to fill (or nearly fill) our own battle instance. I guess we'll see!

>> Feylan: "Would you like to talk about how the one organisation limit affects Pitchfork pilots?"
I'm assuming you mean one org per player? Well, the last I heard this will be resolved in drop 2 of the org system. So, I guess it doesn't make too much sense to whine about it. CiG already knows my feelings on this issue.... well... and every other issue, hahaha.

>> Feylan: "Do you think everyone will stay interested in Pitchfork until the PU Beta comes out?"
I think there is no "in Pitchfork" until the beta comes out. Until we do actually it, it's just a fun fantasy uniting a bunch of folks on a forum. But yes, if you mean "what if nobody cares by the time it actually happens?", then my answer is no. Everyone will care, and it's going to be awesome.

>> Feylan: "What are you most looking forward in the operation?"
As I mentioned earlier, my main objective is to capture a Vanduul capital ship, then using it as a badass pirate ship for BCP

>> Feylan: "What are you most worried about?"
I've heard there may not be a wipe at the end of beta... if that's the case, what happens if my character dies too many times during beta?!
I don't want to lose Seraph 1 before the game even goes live!

>> Feylan: "Would you mind talking a little about your gaming history?"
Sure thing.

I started gaming as a hobby in the early Nintendo / DOS PC-gaming era. Around 1990 - I was 6 years old.

Some of my earliest and fondest gaming memories are sneakily playing my dad's DOS games on his computer when he was at work. Games like Doom, Rise of the Triad, Realms of the Haunting, Wing Commander, and Commanche. I remember I beat DOOM before he did. And I saved over his game. Whoops! Hey, I was 9 years old!

These were all single-player, non-competitive experiences, and really they were all games designed for an older audience, but I fell in love with them because they were so incredibly immersive - so engaging. PC games really put me inside the game world in a way that the console games of the time couldn't or didn't. I would become engrossed and play for hours at a time...

Around that same time, I was discovering my love of console Co-op play on the NES and SNES with my brother. We would play games like Battletoads, River City Rumble, Marble Madness, Snake Rattle & Roll, and Contra together. Later, we started getting into more competitive games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. A few years later when the N64 came out, we were on that like flies on shit. In my mind, the N64 was the best thing to happen to console gaming ever. We hosted 4-player and 8-player tournaments for all kinds of PvP games, like Goldeneye 64, Forsaken 64, Duke Nukem 3D, Killer Instinct, Bomber Man 64, Mario Kart, and others.

In retrospect, I think it was those nights spent playing N64 with my middle-school friends that first made me fall in love with PvP play. My interest in PvP on the PC didn't come a little later, when I started getting into FPS and RTS games on the platform. Team Fortress Classic, Starcraft, Age of Empires, and Soldier of Fortune. I was a huge Starcraft addict. Later a huge Supreme Commander fan.

>> Feylan: "What got you interested in Star Citizen?"
I feel like I've been waiting for sandbox, immersive MMO game like Star Citizen for a decade or so. After the abortion that was Darkfail Online, I swore off the genre. Literally, I (and many clanmates) said I would never play another MMO game. It just wasn't worth the emotional investment and subsequent soul-shattering, heart-crushing let-down when a given MMO turned out to be crap, a money-grab.

It was my clanmate Glabro who first introduced me to SC. Before I was a Star Citizen addict, I had pinned my last MMO hopes on another game - Embers of Caerus. Unfortunately, the EoC investor prototype Kickstarter only raised about $50,000 USD. I knew it would be a long time before I ever got to play it. When I started sinking my teeth into Star Citizen, I quickly realized this project was something very different from the others on Kickstarter. I threw down my $35 pledge for alpha / beta access, and figured that would be good enough... little did I know clever Chris Roberts and his sexy marketing would get me for a bit more than $35, haha.

>> Feylan: "Favorite ship"
Overall, it's got to be the Vanduul Carrier. So effing cool. Playing a pirate based in one of those would be pure badassery.
In terms of pure sex-appeal, hands-down the 350R
In terms of what I'm most excited about flying at release, Stealth Hornet.

>> Feylan: "How do you hope your first character will die?"
I don't hope my first character will die. But if he must, I hope it will be a glorious, heroic death in an overwhelming fight.

>> Feylan: "Anything you'd like to say to the Pitchfork community?"
Tinyurl.com/NoMercyForTheChildren

>> Feylan: "Anything you'd like to say to the Star Citizen community?"
Only that I'm incredibly grateful to be a part of it! Thanks to everyone helping to make this amazing game a possibility!
Last edited by Seraph on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seraph
SC Officer

Re: BCP to be featured in Pulse [Full interview up!]

Postby COMI » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:19 am

U haev battletoads1!one!!one?
COMI
SC Pilot

Next