Where did you end up in darkfall?

General public clan discussion

Where did you end up in darkfall?

Postby Keegar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:59 pm

To who are still playing:
what clans are in now? or stopped playing at all? solo PKer?

I joined amon and zoya and we're in a red PK clan, loads of fun, we have our home at a chaos city near human/alfar lands.
Keegar
Pack Veteran

Steam: peertje19

Re: Where did you end up in darkfall?

Postby Bored » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Joined bloodfest.
To die in battle is to live forever!
Bored
Pack Veteran

Steam: BoredCanadian

Postby Glabro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:21 am

I'm part of Knights Templar, the Freemasons military division.

It's great, they give me everything I want for free and in abundance (I don't need to craft a minute more in my life) "requiring" in turn my participation in actions like protecting of their settlements/members, participation in sieges and smashing some clanstones with provided siegehammer(s) (the best thing to rise Strength, I know of atm).

Whenever I get a carebear fit and want to harvest or craft something (mostly to rise stats), I give to them the surplus/unneeded products. People are cool there.

P.S.: I met Nerathas and his two friends from SUN when they were riding Brookmore hamlet my third day in the clan. The fight was quite even (he was making more dmg with his fireballs, but I was on roof and had the higher ground), but they retreated probably concerned with the naked rush coming from the village after them. :twisted:

I also met, or rather was met by and attacked Keegar's new Alfar incarnation. Lol.

I haven't met anyone else from BCP.
Glabro
SC Officer

Steam: glabro_bcp

Postby Tyki Mykk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm in Grief together with Myki. Nifelheim is allright, plenty of PvE but as usuall the only ones worth going after are the ones you can bug / exploit. There's a decent amount of pvp on the island as the Chaos City is not under controll of Death so pk groups roll out from there. TM and RN often come looking for fights and damn can they destroy players...

Lost Untilik is one of the safest city's i've seen. Not because of strategic placed walls or w/e but because its so damn far away from everything it's not worth going there to pk. Makes for a nice place to skill magic ;)

The next couple of monts me and myki are just gonna take it slow. I'm pritty sure when the NA server is definatly announced things will change majorly in this server. Clans and alliances will need to be reworked and who knows what else will happen.
~
Alchemy: Up to rank 60 staves & Hi-pots
Magic plan: Spell Chanter[O] > Arcane Magic[x]
Sword & Shield
Greatclubs
~
Tyki Mykk
Prominent Guest

Postby Glabro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Tyki Mykk wrote:I'm in Grief together with Myki. Nifelheim is allright, plenty of PvE but as usuall the only ones worth going after are the ones you can bug / exploit. There's a decent amount of pvp on the island as the Chaos City is not under controll of Death so pk groups roll out from there. TM and RN often come looking for fights and damn can they destroy players...

Lost Untilik is one of the safest city's i've seen. Not because of strategic placed walls or w/e but because its so damn far away from everything it's not worth going there to pk. Makes for a nice place to skill magic ;)

Sounds as ideal alliance to me.

Tyki Mykk wrote:The next couple of monts me and myki are just gonna take it slow. I'm pritty sure when the NA server is definatly announced things will change majorly in this server. Clans and alliances will need to be reworked and who knows what else will happen.

...some of us might get back together? 8-)
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Tyki Mykk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Glabro wrote:
...some of us might get back together? 8-)

Yes who knows? Euro clans will need to be formed asap after transfers. I'm thinking alot of interesting pvp will happen then. They will be small battles, but i can imagine that they will be very fun!
~
Alchemy: Up to rank 60 staves & Hi-pots
Magic plan: Spell Chanter[O] > Arcane Magic[x]
Sword & Shield
Greatclubs
~
Tyki Mykk
Prominent Guest

Postby Bored » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:52 am

We're down on Ruby right now, we were up near ork lands for a while till things got sorted out. Hey Glabro, you guys sold brockmoore didn't you? I was running through when it happened. Met up with Zoya and Amon when I was on my way to ruby and happened to bind in their chaos city, haven't seen any of the SUN guys. The city I'm in is pretty nice, some fun mobs around, not great drops. We have a huge bloodwall which is good for training skills and shit, and because it takes launch to get in it's generally fairly safe from attack. The guys in the clan are pretty cool and we're part of a relatively small unnamed alliance.
Bored
Pack Veteran

Postby Glabro » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 am

Bored wrote:We're down on Ruby right now, we were up near ork lands for a while till things got sorted out. Hey Glabro, you guys sold brockmoore didn't you? I was running through when it happened.

Yes, to Freehold. Right now Freemasons (and Knights Templar - my clan - in extension) own no city/hamlet at all. They decided, that owning settlement in Darkfall is too big of a liability and drags you into a political conflicts, which they want to stay away from for the benefit offered by owning them. When (and if) cities are harder to smash down like that, siege system is more stable and the Freemasons neutrality becomes an axiom of sorts, they will PURCHASE (not siege, for obvious reasons), a city. My personal opinion is, that one thing which will haste them into buying a city again (sooner or later) will be necessity for a produced/trader clan such as FM to own at least one city mine giving rare ores.

Bored wrote:Met up with Zoya and Amon when I was on my way to ruby and happened to bind in their chaos city, haven't seen any of the SUN guys.

I meet with them on a daily basis, when they raid and kill idiots who craft in the Long March lower city... They are kind of (in)famous there. And very successful, if Amon is to be believed. ;)

SUN along with other Cairn Alliance clans are staying entrenched on their Cairnbear subcontinent and are seldom to be seen on the main continent. I guess i was (un)lucky to meet with Nerathas on his foray so deep into the mainland Agon.

I guess that Cairn Alliance has a disaster coming their way, because it took rest of the alliances/clans 6 months to realize, that their precious little asylum-island has not seen any major conflict since the start of the game. CotC and Dusk prepare some major offensive there, afaik.

Bored wrote:The city I'm in is pretty nice, some fun mobs around, not great drops. We have a huge bloodwall which is good for training skills and shit, and because it takes launch to get in it's generally fairly safe from attack. The guys in the clan are pretty cool and we're part of a relatively small unnamed alliance.

There is a bloodwall in Long March too - but there is too much eager idiots, who kill people much too often there.

Good to hear from you guys and know, that I'm not the only one still playing this game. :roll:
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Keegar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 am

Glabro wrote: meet with them on a daily basis, when they raid and kill idiots who craft in the Long March lower city... They are kind of (in)famous there. And very successful, if Amon is to be believed. ;)

very succesful! your crafters and whatnot carry shiny stuff for us and your lower city is very poorly defended. Yesterday a few people were sent after us but we haven't really gotten into problems there yet

also we now count 5 members (ZEEEERG!)

update: one of long march's inhabitants felt pretty tough parading with his mount for us on a opposite wall, but his arrogance got smashed and we drylooted him from his mount, banded, etc etc. Good times!
Keegar
Pack Veteran

Postby Keegar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 am

we got (or mainly amon, oh ez he is) bored of the small scale pvp with switchblades a little - its how things go, and since in he holidays we'd be on vacation in turns all the time we wouldnt have enough members to pvp enough so amon and me joined Grief and are now reunited with myki and tyki. Zoya is still keeping the switchblades on standby
Keegar
Pack Veteran

Postby Glabro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:03 am

Another change here. Out of the blue my clan (Knights Templar) decided that instead of striking a deal with Afghanistan to be allowed to be bound in their city as allies we will instead disband the KT and apply for RAINBOW NINJAS membership. So they (we) did.

The recruitment tournament happened, I didn't win even once (I still have no elemental magic, no weapon mastery, my SS is on 35), but I guess I impressed them with turtling in one fight for 10 minutes so they accepted me in one package with KT's leader Iam eXuras, who indeed is an excellent player (and has a good char too).

So this leaves me with the clan and alliance I always hated for being exploiters and arrogant assholes.

I was promised we will just make friends (recruit) some good members there, learn Afghan tactics (like their patented ventrilo management) and then move on and reinstate KT. I really hope so. I don't feel well in Aradoth caves... ;)

There will be a lot of PvP, though, and YAY!!! :roll: , we are on the winning side!!! (which is something, I hate, tbh)
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Keegar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 am

how silly of me. For a moment I tought you said you hated being on the winning side.
Keegar
Pack Veteran

Postby Glabro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Keegar wrote:how silly of me. For a moment I tought you said you hated being on the winning side.

That would be right not silly... ;)
Don't ge t me wrong: I like to win, but I like to take active part in victory and not jumping on a badwaggon of winning made to move without my help.
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Bored » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:29 am

Well then if you want to take an active part come down to Ruby, it's a fucking warzone now :D When Ghost got there we had no one to fight, but now we're in a siege every two to three days. And you can always get a group out and go find a fight. Gotta be careful though it's hard to survive pvping out here now without a group of five or more.
Bored
Pack Veteran

Postby Keegar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 am

we left grief and then stole some mounts in sunthrone. Well amon didnt cus his F key got bugged, but I managed to snatch 2. They totally snapped, apparently never lost a mount to douchebaggery before :P
sorry myki and tyki, but at least we didnt steal them from grief eh? :P

grief had too little pvp and too much grinding and exploiting for our taste, so we went to yssam and joined tempest, they have 1 city and a abandoned hamlet there. So far good pvp, and nice fellas.
Keegar
Pack Veteran

Postby Bored » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 am

Join Bloodfest with me, we pvp a lot every day and siege every couple. Ghost alliance 2 cities, 2 hamlets and are right now siegeing another city. We get a lot of pvp from people trying to raid our hamlets and go raiding as well. The clans pretty generous for equipment when it comes to sieges, but you might need to do some harvesting or money making to get mats for our crafters to make you stuff. We have no taxes or anything like that, it's give what you want.
Bored
Pack Veteran

Postby Glabro » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 pm

Bored wrote:Join Bloodfest with me, we pvp a lot every day and siege every couple. Ghost alliance 2 cities, 2 hamlets and are right now siegeing another city. We get a lot of pvp from people trying to raid our hamlets and go raiding as well. The clans pretty generous for equipment when it comes to sieges, but you might need to do some harvesting or money making to get mats for our crafters to make you stuff. We have no taxes or anything like that, it's give what you want.

Sounds fun.

So far my Afghan membership isn't anything special. From my perspective their characters are like from a different game -- their skills/stats. I definitely feel inferior to them and sometimes I feel a little bit strange when I roll with them, they use elemental magics and I pull out a bow (I won't even speak of Mana Missile here, lol). I refuse to exploit mobs, I refuse to grind skills, I don't want to gring, just in sake of being hyper-effective in PvP. Thus i still don't have elemental magics even now, although I'm close (GM 33.3).

What good I can say about them is, that they are really much more friendly and less arrogant to each other on vent and CA, then they seem on Forumfall to others.

And their vent organization and in combat discipline is second to none. Osium's vent rants makes sure of that.

I am still bound in Long March, where I have rented the bindspot like a carebear :roll: and train my melee skill with the rest of noobs there. So far 20 Sword Mastery, but weekend comes and I'm gonna push it hard...

I wonder, what my dmg on a naked will be around 85+ (1-handed) Sword Mastery. Anyone of you knows/have it?

I also grind Greater Magic, but not to get to 50 and start training elemental school. I have different plan, than the mainstream on the server. I plan to finish my Lesser Magic (~ 84 LM Intensify atm) and then I want to focus solely on GM getting it as high as possible. There are some really good spells there (no super nukes, but i can do without these) and I'm going to make Missile Fury my main attack spell. For now the spell sucks (it does around 35 dmg from the front), but it does Arcane damage. I think they will improve it with time, when they realize, that although it has big AoE it's a level 90 GM spell that has the same dmg as lvl 1 elemental bolt, which is outrageous. And when they do improve it - it will be really good spell especially, when people with elemental resistance buffs will be more and more common. GM also offers amazing spells like Confusion (flashbang - i love it), Begone (knockback), Telekinesis (in combo with my launch 99.9 it will be VERY useful), Rend (yes, the funny rend does ~60 dmg + lowers arrow resist for a long time on lvl 100) and Heal Other (the decent healing spell for a decent price - 1 mandrake = 2 gp). There is also this GM 75+ and Mana Efficiency GM 75+ requirements to be fulfilled for some mage skills, which made the choice for me...

Oh, shit, i derailed the topic from Where did you end up in DFO to How you level up your char. Sorry.
Good luck to you, guys, and see you in game! ;)
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Orbi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Are you not in FM anymore?
Orbi
Pack Cub

Postby Glabro » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Orbi wrote:Are you not in FM anymore?

KT, part of FM, merged with RN which is allied with TM and together with them form AA. I love acronymes. :mrgreen:
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Orbi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 pm

oh ... so you are not allied with FM anymore?
Orbi
Pack Cub

Next

Return to Public Pack Discussion