We need an MMO

General public clan discussion

We need an MMO

Postby Zarma » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 am

BCP needs an mmo we can all play. The fact of the matter is that almost any game that's worth playing can be made enjoyable as long as you've got friends to play with. MMO's are meant for community, and that's when they really become enjoyable.

A lot of games have come out recently, and many of them BCP has put their foot in to. The problem is however is that we're not making an effort to combine under one game. They're too expensive to just give a taste to and leave, since many games these days are asking for $50 + a monthly subscription, an no one wants to get screwed like that.

What I want is for people to start listing some MMO's that we may possibly enjoy. If you've played them before yourself, give us some convincing as to why BCP should join them. They should be games you see potential in, but more importantly, are already enjoyable. If the game has a trial it's all the better, that way we can actually try the game out without making any sort of commitment, and we can decide from their if we like it.

I'll list some games that intrigue me, and of course feel free to share your opinions/experiences with them.

Mortal Online
Aion
Rift
Age of Conan
Earthrise
Darkfall (It's changed a lot, and has a trial, so I'm putting it here.)
And one game that I can't rally put my mind on... Thought it was called something with Rome in it... Meh.

Suggest.

Nadroj suggested a point system. It shall be recorded below. Write 5 mmo's you want to play with BCP. First gets five points, last gets one, figure the rest out.

Rift: 15
Darkfall: 13
Earthrise: 10
Aion: 7
Xsyon: 2
Star Trek Online: 1

I'll update them as you vote. If you include a new mmo in your list, I will add it to this one.
Last edited by Zarma on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
Zarma
Pack Cub

Re: We need an MMO

Postby Bored » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:25 am

Honestly, Darkfall is the only one of those I'd probably ever play again. Mostly I'm waiting on a few random speckled seeds of hope in obscure probably never gonna be made indie titles. So for now I'm mostly shying away from anything mmo.
To die in battle is to live forever!
Bored
Pack Veteran

Steam: BoredCanadian

Postby Keegar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:29 pm

I looked around a lot again for a new MMORPG too... they are all shit concepts or just not worth playing again except DF, despite its faults :(
Keegar
Pack Veteran

Steam: peertje19

Postby Thinkharder » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Agreed Zarma. I'd be more than happy to take BCP to any MMO so long as we all played it and stuck at it. Doesn't really matter what it is, within reason - sorry no Hello Kitty Online - as it's playing with good people that makes them worth it. :)
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
Thinkharder
Pack Leader

Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Postby Zarma » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Fellow BCP! I have a proposition for you.

Mortal Online (a game that many of us tend to look at with Darkfall in mind) now has a 14 day free trial, no credit card or what not required.

https://account.mortalonline.com/

Code: Select all
Details:

Start by downloading and installing the client for free here

Select "Mortal Online – 14 day free trial" and continue
    Click "Activate Trial" on your "Account Details" page

Trial accounts work as a normal account with the following restrictions: Maximum 600 skill points and the maximum for all skills is capped at 60.

The following restrictions also apply:

Trial accounts can't use thievery skills
    Trial accounts can't loot expensive objects
    Trial accounts can't trade expensive objects
    Once a trial account is upgraded to a paid account these restrictions are lifted

Be sure to install the game before activation to maximize your game time.

If you want to get rid of any trial restrictions and continue on your character during or after the 14 free days, you'll need to purchase either "Boxed Version" or "Digital Download Only" of Mortal Online.

Digital Download: 23.96e
Monthly Subscription: 11.40e

Could be worse, that's for sure. I think I'll give the trial a go, I'd like a few people to join me at some point.

Also, takes 9 GB of space. I assume you're all real gamers, and have more than a 1 tb of space that bitches don't know bout. If you don't, I highly recommend one of Western Digital's 1.5tb external hard drives.
Zarma
Pack Cub

Postby Thinkharder » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:27 am

I tried the trial and found it's utterly terrible. Worse than DF by far. I'd rather play DF.
Pack Leader and Site/Forum Admin
Thinkharder
Pack Leader

Steam: Thinkharder
Origin: Think85

Postby Nadroj » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:00 am

Thinkharder wrote:I tried the trial and found it's utterly terrible. Worse than DF by far. I'd rather play DF.

I think you might be on to something here....see as we all know BCP is far too elitist to agree on a game we all think is great, every game sucks!

Therefore we need to come up with a listing system of the "lesser of the evils"

Day's started us off

1. Darkfall
2. Mortal Online

What would you rather play than Darkfall guys and what is mortal online better than xD

Devean wrote:Believe it or not, but some people consider a game, where someone can just kill you or steal your things to be a broken game :).
Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Steam: Flonzo

Postby Zarma » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 am

So I gave it a shot, and I have to say... Perhaps not the game for us :P. Visually it's stunning, truly amazing environment to say the least. Game play wise... it leaves things to be desired. I had no direction, no clue what to do, and nothing obviously present for me to partake in besides collecting mushrooms and selling them for meager Cuprum coins. It has a very interesting skill and combat system, and it looks extremely in depth and interesting; however, I'm not sure it's something I'd be willing to pay the fee for. Not until I get a better computer at least. As a clan starting off I don't believe it would be easy to establish our position in the world, especially sense the pvp is supposedly entirely open, and it has several flaws that darkfall maintained. For instance, the first thing I saw when entering the near by town was a naked man riding in circles (afk) on a horse. Yeeeaaaa. Besides the fact that there were four other high-definition trouser-less men wondering the town, skills can be grindded up easily with macros and the like, and it didn't seem like anyone was taking notice. I did appreciate the ability to fight any of the NPC's I desired, I immediately begin to smack a priest around in the face with my axe for skill, which actually turned out to be a fruitful endeavor. Another cool thing was the ability to tame the first random deer I found, even though I failed to do so, it was possible, and so it was cool. Mining and woodcutting are highly free actions, and I hear you can place a house anywhere you want. The guard system was appealing as well. Over all though the UI turns me off, and several graphical bugs are somewhat game breaking (Although it might be my cards fault). A game with potential no doubt, but probably not our MMO.

SO! I agree with Nadroj's motion. Let us make a list. I'd like to add Rift to possible games, as I still do have a soft spot for it. Also, Aion. What be the word of the people?
Zarma
Pack Cub

Postby Nadroj » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 am

Maybe we do it like this. Everyone list 5 MMO's in order of how much you would like to play them with BCP from Most to Least. Your most favoured one is 5 points and least is 1 point. At the end the game with the most points everyone has to STFU and at least try playing it together :P

It's the middle of the fuckin night so i'll think more on that tommorow...

Devean wrote:Believe it or not, but some people consider a game, where someone can just kill you or steal your things to be a broken game :).
Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Zarma » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:41 am

Good show dear Nadroj. I shall make mein list.

1. Darkfall
2. Rift
3. Earthrise
4. Aion
5. Xsyon (I don't think this is ready for us, yet)
Zarma
Pack Cub

Postby Orbi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 am

Thinkharder wrote:Agreed Zarma. I'd be more than happy to take BCP to any MMO so long as we all played it and stuck at it. Doesn't really matter what it is, within reason - sorry no Hello Kitty Online - as it's playing with good people that makes them worth it. :)

discrimination

... Ehm, havent some of you played Aion already and left afther one week?
Orbi
Pack Cub

Postby Grimble » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 pm

I'll play any mmo you guys decide on tbh, as I'm getting very bored of single player games.

A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril.
Sir Winston Churchill
Grimble
SC Pilot

Steam: stushsc

Postby shadeslayer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Zarma wrote:Good show dear Nadroj. I shall make mein list.

1. Darkfall
2. Rift
3. Earthrise
4. Aion
5. Xsyon (I don't think this is ready for us, yet)

1. Rift
2. Darkfall
3. Earthrise
4. Aion
5. Xsyon

I agree with you on Xsyon not being ready, but not so much not ready for us as its simply not ready. They released it before it was done.

"Nothing in life or death can compare to the squealing sound of Seraph when he realizes he's alone with the horde."
shadeslayer
SC Squad Leader

Postby Zarma » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Orbi wrote:
Thinkharder wrote:Agreed Zarma. I'd be more than happy to take BCP to any MMO so long as we all played it and stuck at it. Doesn't really matter what it is, within reason - sorry no Hello Kitty Online - as it's playing with good people that makes them worth it. :)

discrimination

... Ehm, havent some of you played Aion already and left afther one week?

I was told they left due to a lack of interest by the other bcp's.

Also, "not ready for us" means that if we joined the game it wouldn't really work out. There's not enough to do, and not enough is complete.
Zarma
Pack Cub

Postby Nadroj » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 pm

hehe i remember playing lineage 2 with shadeslayer's insane healer character. funny times.

I'm honestly quite interested in giving Rift a chance soooo..

1. Rift - wow clone or not it looks intriguing enough
2. Darkfall - Just to give it a second shot considering its a year down the line now.
3. Aion - I enjoyed it when we played before, just lacked enough of us to enjoy it as a group.
4. Earthrise - Ehh i know little about it but what i do know seems interesting enough to warrant trying it out.
5. Star Trek Online - at the bottom of the list because my reasoning is just that i know a few people who paly it :P

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Nadroj » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:38 pm

If i'm honest though, even after making that list i still feel like theres not any MMO out there that really catches my interest a lot =/

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Seraph » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 pm

If there's a Rift free trial, I'll definitely give that a chance. Personally, I'm not dropping $50 without knowing if I'll enjoy a game. Well, maybe if all BCP was in a game for 3 solid months I'd do it. But I'm not going through another Darkfall experience.

Put me down for negative 5 points for Darkfall and Aion, +1 for Rift, +2 for Earthrise, and +20 points for waiting for better sandbox MMO options. Oh, and negative 50 points for Xyson, and negative 200 points for Star Trek Online.

Let's see.. that brings our new count to:

Wait for better MMO: 20
Rift: 15
Earthrise: 10
Darkfall: 8
Aion: 2
Xsyon: -48
Star Trek Online: -199
Seraph
SC Officer

Steam: Beliathon
Origin: Halfhand84

Postby Nadroj » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey seraph. Sorry to be the one to bring this news to you but no...you are not special. You don't get to re-write peoples ideas just because you're an ass. The idea is to get a good gauge on what MMO's we might be able to get everyone to try, not have another "Seraph whines about how all MMO's suck" thread.

We're not here to talk about what MMO's we can wait for, we're not here to talk about what MMO's should burn in hell. Just vote like everyone else so we can see if there is any MMO that is ALREADY OUT, that at least most of us like the look of, so we can start playing games together again instead of being bitter on this forum every day.

Just list 5 games or dont get involved at all, that kinda negativity at any attempt to move bcp forward is exactly why were stuck with nothing to play.
Last edited by Nadroj on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Nadroj » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 am

do not know why that last post posted twice O.o

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Seraph » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am

Nadroj wrote:Just list 5 games or dont get involved at all, that kinda negativity at any attempt to move bcp forward is exactly why were stuck with nothing to play.

NEGATIVE 500 POINTS FOR NADROJ ONLINE!

:lol:

Fine, fine. Just take my 1 point for rift and my 2 for earthrise. Ignore the rest. I'm not listing 5 games because there's not 5 games I'm interested in.
Last edited by Seraph on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seraph
SC Officer

Steam: Beliathon
Origin: Halfhand84

Next

Return to Public Pack Discussion