Embers of Caerus thread

General public clan discussion

Embers of Caerus thread

Postby Glabro » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 pm

This will be Embers of Caerus thread where we can put all EoC-related information, videos and stuff.
Feel free to comment and contribute.

First contribution is an video update from game developer:
Glabro
SC Officer

Steam: glabro_bcp

Re: Embers of Caerus thread

Postby Seraph » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Yep, watched that.

EoC will have easily the best combat / healing / death system in any MMO ever developed.
Seraph
SC Officer

Steam: Beliathon
Origin: Halfhand84

Postby Nadroj » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Looks really really promising. Granted the game is only in its very early stages of development but i'm really excited for what they at least WANT to do. Of course i expect some people will turn around and say that they refuse to get excited about a game thats in development and only "promises" to be what we want because hey....thats what Darkfall did and we all got dissapointed right?

Just try to remember that when we were recruiting for Darkfall and excited about it coming out was the best and most active times we had as a clan. EoC to me represents another game i could get that excited about as it develops to release....lets just hope it doesn't flop or spend another decade developing like DF lol.

Devean wrote:Believe it or not, but some people consider a game, where someone can just kill you or steal your things to be a broken game :).
Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Steam: Flonzo

Postby Glabro » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Nadroj wrote:Looks really really promising. Granted the game is only in its very early stages of development but i'm really excited for what they at least WANT to do. Of course i expect some people will turn around and say that they refuse to get excited about a game thats in development and only "promises" to be what we want because hey....thats what Darkfall did and we all got dissapointed right?

Just try to remember that when we were recruiting for Darkfall and excited about it coming out was the best and most active times we had as a clan. EoC to me represents another game i could get that excited about as it develops to release....lets just hope it doesn't flop or spend another decade developing like DF lol.

I agree.

I think that me and Seraph just choose to be optimistic (or stupid?) rather than pessimistic. Main reason why I trust that this team to succeed in what so many others have failed is the fact that they are all disenchanted players waiting for their ideal sandbox game themselves - so they know the pain of supposed sandbox turning into a themepark, endless empty promises and lies, prolonging delivery and shitty communication with game followers. So far they do not show any signs of repeating those mistakes. But only time will show whether our hopes and dreams will come true and we will all have lots of fun playing EoC.
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Seraph » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:27 am

Well said, both of you.

Soon after the Kickstarter ends, I'm going to lay out the plans for a clan in this game, and post it up in the recruitment section of the forums.

Even if the game pulls a Darkfall, it would be great to get a fresh infusion of gamers into BCP to mess about with in our various games over the next 4 years.

Also, Dynamic Events Team info! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=203g2sg84I4
It sounds awesome!!
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Glabro » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:19 am

Seraph wrote:Well said, both of you.

Soon after the Kickstarter ends, I'm going to lay out the plans for a clan in this game, and post it up in the recruitment section of the forums.

Even if the game pulls a Darkfall, it would be great to get a fresh infusion of gamers into BCP to mess about with in our various games over the next 4 years.

It sounds awesome!!

Will be awesome if you're a clan leader.
I will be bitching about your bad leadership all day on a clan ventrilo! :twisted: :D
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Nadroj » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Glabro wrote:
Seraph wrote:Well said, both of you.

It sounds awesome!!

Will be awesome if you're a clan leader.
I will be bitching about your bad leadership all day on a clan ventrilo! :twisted: :D

You and me both Glabby :P

Devean wrote:Believe it or not, but some people consider a game, where someone can just kill you or steal your things to be a broken game :).
Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Seraph » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Seraph » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:59 am

Naval system!!!
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Nadroj » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 pm

You missed the previous one, basically they intend to have a team of people working for the company who's sole job will be to come up with dynamic ingame events etc to throw at people. Man i'd love to have that job, they'll even have the ability to control NPC's and mess with the players basically :P

Really liking this game the more i hear from these devs. Even if it does a darkfall on us i want to get excited about it lol.

Couple other vids i found on youtube. Course they don't mean much so early in production, just interesting.

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Seraph » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Nadroj wrote:You missed the previous one

Believe me, I missed nothing about this game. I simply forgot to link it here ( ;

And yea.. the DET system has me more excited than probably anything else I've seen.
Seraph
SC Officer

Postby Nadroj » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Seraph wrote:
Nadroj wrote:You missed the previous one

Believe me, I missed nothing about this game. I simply forgot to link it here ( ;

And yea.. the DET system has me more excited than probably anything else I've seen.

So i've seen by registering on the forums and finding you guys already havea amass of posts lol.

anywho the latest vid.

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Glabro » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Awesome updates, all of them.
Seraph became a EoC Zealot!

P.S.:

So I will have a platinum club access after all:

Hi there Children of Prophecy!

Some of you have mentioned in our community forum that you were torn between the Platinum Club reward level, and the Prophecy Child limited reward. Well, be torn no longer!

We have decided that for anyone who wishes to be a part of the platinum club, but also wishes to keep the Prophecy Child reward, we will allow that to happen. All you need to do is pledge the $200 for the Platinum Club reward level, but select the "Prophecy Child" reward. You will get all the same rewards (Prophecy Child level), but will also gain access to the platinum club, with all the benefits that infers!

Once again, thank you all for your fantastic support!

- The Forsaken Studios Team

pledged $200.

Also, there was supposedly one CoP slot open for some time again. Don't know who got it.
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Glabro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:11 am

Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Glabro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 am

BTW, Jordan: have you backed EoC at least with 1 dollar? 8-)
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Nadroj » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Glabro wrote:BTW, Jordan: have you backed EoC at least with 1 dollar? 8-)

5 dollars mang! Lol i wish i coulda given something substantial but i'm painfully poor atm.

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Glabro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Nadroj wrote:

5 dollars mang! Lol i wish i coulda given something substantial but i'm painfully poor atm.

No worries. Those 5 bucks are enough, even 1 dollar would do as they need to show now to potential investors the number of credit cards that support and later will buy their game.
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Nadroj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:38 am

Glabro wrote:
Nadroj wrote:

No worries. Those 5 bucks are enough, even 1 dollar would do as they need to show now to potential investors the number of credit cards that support and later will buy their game.

Yeah i figured as much, plus for a game like this i'd really hate myself for not getting involved and helping them get started.

Nadroj
SC Squad Leader

Postby Glabro » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm

So what names have you reserved for yourselves?
Mine: Balor Thorne
Glabro
SC Officer

Postby Seraph » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Wiggling Willy
Seraph
SC Officer

Next